Get ready to renew your WorkCover accident insurance policy

If you have an accident insurance policy with WorkCover Queensland — covering your business for the cost of any work-related injuries to your workers — it’s due for renewal soon.

This means you’ll need to declare your wages information to us between 1 July and 31 August 2022, so we can calculate your premium.

Interim Certificate of Insurance

In June, we’ll also be emailing out an Interim Certificate of Insurance, which covers our policyholders during the premium renewal period, from 1 July 2022 until 30 September 2022.

While this certificate provides coverage during this time, you still need to pay your premium or commit to a payment plan to receive your full Certificate of Currency and be covered for the full 12 months to 30 June 2023.

If you don’t receive electronic communications from us, or you need another copy throughout the year, you can go online at any time to obtain your certificate:

What you need to declare

To ensure you meet your workers’ compensation obligations, it’s important to be aware of who you need to cover, and what payments you need to declare as wages.

Use our Declaration of wages guide to help you determine what you need to declare, or get step-by-step help when you renew online.

Declare your wages early to take full advantage of our flexible payment options*, including:

  • interest-free monthly payment plans with deductions occurring on the date of your choice*
  • a discount** if you pay your premium in full by 16 September.

*Some payment options will not be available if you do not declare your wages by 31 August 2022. **Discounted premium price cannot go below $200.

Save time and renew your policy online

The easiest way to renew and declare your wages is online, using our WorkCover Connect online service. Register here for WorkCover Connect.

By renewing your policy online, you’ll be able to see any discounts you’re entitled to, compare your claims performance against the industry average, and understand the factors (such as wages or industry rate) influencing your premium calculation.

Find out more about:

  • declaring unpaid interns (required as per Schedule 2 of the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003)

Related Posts