Loudoun County Circuit Judge James Plowman has removed Buta Biberaj’s office from an ongoing burglary case that fell below sentencing guidelines.
Loudoun County, Virginia, Circuit Judge James Plowman removed Commonwealth Attorney Buta Biberaj’s office from an ongoing burglary case.
The case involved charges in both Fauquier and Loudoun County on the same day in May 2021.
Friday, an order from Plowman required the immediate appointment of the Fauquier County Commonwealth Attorney’s office ahead of a Jun. 23 status hearing.
Defendant Kevin Enrique Valle was arrested on multiple felony warrants for burglary, destruction of property and conspiracy to commit a felony. He was also charged with involvement in burglaries across Prince William and Fairfax Counties.
The order follows requests from attorney William Stanley, on behalf of his client, to have the Commonwealth’s Attorney removed from a controversial rape case in May of this year.
WTOP has reached out to Biberaj’s office for comment.
Get breaking news and daily headlines delivered to your email inbox by signing up here.
© 2022 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.
- Chicago State's Attorney Kim Foxx allegedly slapped husband during domestic dispute: police report
- Johnny Depp Attorney Camille Vasquez Lands Big Promotion After Trial Win
- Johnny Depp's attorney Camille Vasquez makes partner after major win
- The Waseca County Attorney is running for re-election. A police investigation raises questions about whether she actually lives there.
- Hurwit wins Senate support to be next U.S. Attorney for Idaho